Friday 13 May 2022

The Campaign of the Belgian Army in 1940 From MGK Military Simulations


Jacqui Krause posted this on France 1940 wargaming

''Not everyone's cup of tea, but if you were thinking to yourself lately: 'what I really need is a history of the Belgian Army in 1940 in English' then here is the answer. I have uploaded not one but two translated histories of the Belgian Army. Given that there is no decent history available in English these might be of interest.''

This account of the Belgian Army in the eighteen-day campaign in 1940 has never been translated into English until now. Written in 1966 this book has a broader scope and includes access to German records. It includes excellent maps that track the eighteen-day campaign.

A glaring deficiency in the literature of the Second World War is a detailed history in English of the Belgian Army's experience in the eighteen day campaign in 1940. I eventually came to the conclusion that I would have to translate one myself. Here is one of the two I translated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thought this an impressive photo

 I think they are this armoured car.